Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Change

 I was a child who loved change; to the point where I was described as "fickle" by my best friend. 

The best example of my love for change was the state of my bedroom as a girl. As soon as I was strong enough, I would regularly move my furniture to different locations in my room. My parents didn't love the fact that I would move the wall hangings around too! There were holes all over the walls. I am laughing at the fact that I never used a hammer, but a pair of heels to hammer the nails in. I did things quite creatively or perhaps we can call it innovative! :)

The first night of my bed facing a different direction was always a challenge to fall asleep, but overall, it was thrilling to shift my "world" and I did it frequently! 

Looking back, I don't know who that was because I'm not a super fan of change right now at almost 40.

Some change is good, of course, but the way life has been, it seems no matter what you choose to go forward, there is more weight to that decision. 

We are currently facing a new school year. A new school year as a conclusion to the summer some of us may have thought would never end! Yet, here we are. Facing a new, yet familiar time of the calendar year. 

I've been reflective about how much has changed since early March, when life was different. 

"Pre-Covid Times". 

I look upon "Pre-Covid Times" fondly; even though our world was quite broken then, it felt "normal".

Now, we are looking at "normal" events, such as #backtoschool yet, there is a different feel. 

Some of the change over the months has been met with downright grief and disappointment. Some of the change over the months has turned out OK, even better than the old way. We hopefully can agree some good things have come out of the changes we are seeing in this world. 

So, this is my check in. 

How are you?

Are you having good days and bad days?

Maybe today is a bad day? I'm here for you. 

Maybe today is a good day? What gratitude comes from the good days!

Maybe today is a new endeavor? Always a little exciting, yet nervewracking!

Maybe you are going back to work; the work that you haven't been to since early March? Or maybe starting a new job? 

Maybe your kids are going to remote learning every day?

Maybe you are struggling to balance work and helping your kids with homework from various grade levels?

Maybe your kids are returning to school in person, while wearing a mask all day as staying distant from their friends? 

Maybe you are feeling the weight of all of the division going on?

Maybe you have lost a loved one and are working through the grief of that heartbreaking reality? 

Whatever the case is for today, I pray you see God. I pray you see His love and dedication to inviting us to lean into Him. I pray your heart is OK, that it's not hurting, and if it is, that you feel true mercy very soon. 

Peace be with you,
Karrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a lot to me