Monday, August 31, 2020

Unbreakable Spirit

 I was sitting outside with my son watching him and playing along as he "planted trees" and crashed his monster trucks and I started thinking about how the Spirit is in us. The same Spirit that battled against sin and won, is in us. "Our Helper". (John 14)

I know my writing focuses a lot on getting through hard times, and this post is no different. Times are hard right now, I want nothing more than to offer practical tools of encouragement to anyone who may be reading today. 

How do I encourage? Through sharing truth. It's hard sometimes to weed through the lies and what's true. Especially if you are listening to the news and all of the perceptions of what people think is happening on any given day.

What if you settle the noise outside and start settling on the Helper that is in you? 

I've read Scripture about what it's like to live "worldly" and it doesn't often end up very well. Yet, we all fall into it. Some times more frequently than other times, but no matter how Holy you think you are, there will be times (or certainly have been times in your past) when you have fallen "victim". You feel down and out, truly overwhelmed. What then? It's hard to climb out of those times isn't it? It can even feel hopeless.

Let's shift our mind to the Helper that is already inside of us, waiting to battle for us. Let me reword, He's already battling for us, yet we don't often notice. I tend to notice all of the work the Lord has done after the circumstance has passed. 

If we want to live in the victory of an unbreakable spirit, we need to realize how victorious we already are in Christ. This takes a lot of thought pattern habit breaking to do, but reading truth will help tremendously.

"What if....?" 

"Even then".

No matter what the end of your "What if" question is, Jesus, your Holy Spirit and Helper has got it. 

"Even then" 

If God is for us, who can be against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a lot to me